Product code 200.01.01
The MTT upper GI model is a silicone model of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum and bile ducts. It is designed to be attached to the TD-Box for various training purposes focusing on gastroenterology:
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Placement of self-expandable stents
- Blood and complication management
- Suturing techniques
There are several advantages to practicing with a silicone model. First and foremost, you free yourself from the many hygienic problems that come with working with animal models. You miss the dangers of contamination:
You can use the same instruments as in the operating room, including endoscopes
Avoid the logistics and costs associated with a skills lab and save valuable preparation and cleaning time: There is no need to disinfect surfaces and equipment after training.
The silicone model is lightweight, compact and its soft surface approximates that of the human anatomy.
- The esophagus is narrowed (17 mm diameter), which is ideal for placing stents, performing dilations and other therapeutic procedures.
- Thinner pieces of silicone are integrated into both the upper and lower parts of the stomach. Incisions can be made in these thinner "practice fields" and then treated, for example by placing clips, nitinol clips and or sutures.
- The upper GI model comes with a (transparent) bile duct. You can use this for training related to ERCP.
Tips for use:
- For best results, lubricate the model generously with water-based lubricant.
- If you want to inflate the stomach with air, use the black plugs included in the kit. You can attach these to the outside of the TD Box in the large swivel.
- If desired, use cable ties to secure the stomach to the swivel.
-If you want to stabilize the stomach, use the self-adhesive Velcro. You can stick the Velcro at any place in the TD-Box and then close it with the corresponding fastener.
In this way, the model can be positioned and will stay in the desired location/shape.